Supporting The Lotus School of Liberal Arts
When you think of an ideal high school for creative young people, what comes to mind? At The Lotus School, we bring together the dynamic cognitive skills of intellectual inquiry and the emotional grounding of meditation, yoga, and martial arts. It makes for a school quite unlike any other.
One of our current students puts it this way, “The small classes help me learn what I need to learn instead of just guessing my way through tests.” Another said, “I have learned to see myself better, academically and physically.”
By making a tax-deductible donation, you can help.
Ways to give:
You shop. Amazon gives.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
Click here to set up The Lotus School as your charitable organization and start supporting us today.
Connect your store rewards card to Lotus and a donation will come to our school. Our school is # 40693.
Click here for a printable letter to give your family and friends so they can sign up, too.
- Visit giantfoodstores.com and select Savings & Rewards.
- Follow the prompts to create your online account. You’ll need your 11-digit BonusCard® number and the School ID 40693.
- If you do not know your BonusCard® number, call 1-888-814-4268.
To earn points:
- Use your registered BonusCard® each time you shop at Giant, and you will earn CASH for our school. You can track the number of points you are earning for our school by checking your grocery receipt.
- At the end of each month, your points are calculated and converted to CASH rewards. These CASH rewards for our school are updated monthly. You can track our progress when you sign in to your online account.
- Our school will receive one CASH awards check at the end of the program and can use this cash for any of our educational needs.
Credit Card via Secure Online Paypal
You may choose the date when you wish your card to be charged. All information is secure and confidential.
To make a contribution now, click on the “Donate” button below.
Cash or Check
Due to our 501(c)3 status, gifts qualify for a charitable deduction equal to the full amount of the gift.
Please mail your check payable to The Lotus School of Liberal Arts to PO Box 340, Ottsville, Pa 18942.
In Kind Gifts
If you have items the school can use, you can donate them and receive a tax deduction for the value of the goods donated. The donor is responsible for valuing the items. Items valued over $500 need to be reported on form 8283 on your tax return. These gifts can vary from supplying classroom materials for our students to use, furnishing our classrooms, or donating items for our annual fundraising auction.
This works best for givers whose marginal tax bracket is 15 percent or higher and who claim itemized deductions. If the stocks are given directly to the school, you will receive a tax deduction equal to the fair market value of the securities at the time of giving. That gift also saves you any tax burden from the capital gains on the stocks.
This program allows businesses to contribute their taxes to an educational institution for the use of scholarships for students.
More information about the EITC Program can be found by visiting the DCED website.
You can make a difference with your time. Have expertise in some area and want to come and guest teach, volunteer for our board of trustees, or work in the gardens? Every bit helps.